Thursday, February 19, 2009

a problem week is what I can say...

This week, starting monday till yesterday, I can say is a problem week, and it's always our smtp server problem. It detects lacks of space but when we do df or df -h it says we only occupy 54% of the HDD, Monday and Tuesday was not quite a major problem because after a restart the service get back to normal. So I was happy, because Wednesday was a productive day for me. Yesterday, Thursday, I was just about to toothbrush then suddenly call me on my mobile and it says that it's e-mail problem again, then I told my friend to restart the e-mail then we hung up. Then I do my toothbrush fast and rush to the office, but of course I cannot rush that fast 'cause I have a 20minute time of commute and guess what? in the time of rush, the LRT station have a lot of people and train passes by me are full and crowded, then I told myself "oh great! what a day~!" In times of need, these problem arises +.+ then I met my friend at the LRT station we have some few chitchat then the next train we got it. I rush in the office to fix the problem, but the problem keep coming back and that's the time I tempted to call the technical support for our puremessage service. Then I called, but the phone is too far from our server so I have to say "wait" to the person I'm talking to at the phone then go to the server then go out again afterwards. And he says that the problem is not the puremessage but the HDD, I ask "how come when we do df, it didn't detect it?" he says that "maybe it was not setup to detect" so I say okay~ it was our side of fault =.= Then my boss restart the server and the e-mail service got back to normal but after 15 minutes the problem came back again =.= then we found that the archive was the problem, as we try to delete the archives, waw~! it took 10minutes to delete one =,= so right now, I am delete the archives at my PC at the office over night, I just hope when I get in the office tomorrow the deletion is finish. And I also hope that tomorrow will be a productive day for me~

Good night guys~ my eyes are heavy now and will go to sleep lah~

No comments: